FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading the search for a Project Manager/Scrum Master to assist our client, Rock Elm in their Alexandria, VA location.
As a Project Manager/Scrum Master, you will be responsible for planning and managing the efforts of an Agile Big Data team.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- A minimum 5 to 7 years of experience managing Agile teams through the complete software development lifecycle
- Experience implementing Scrum framework, including: sprint planning, daily scrum, sprint reviews and retrospectives, backlog grooming, and release planning
- Experience managing project scope, schedule, cost, quality, resources, communication, risk, procurement, and stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be US citizen with the ability to pass government background investigation
- Familiarity with the following concepts: Application Logs, Data Visualization, Data Enrichment, Web Services/Microservices, Configuration Management, Relational Databases, Unix/Linux OS, physical, virtual and cloud based infrastructure
- Familiarity with the following technologies:
- Hadoop eco system, including HDFS, YARN, Cassandra, Hive, Pig, and Spark
- Batch-oriented and streaming distributed processing methods such as Spark, Kafka, or Storm
- Distributed NoSQL/Key-Value stores such as HBase, Accumulo, Cassandra, or DynamoDB
- Distributed search engines like Elasticsearch or Solr
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
Background on Rock Elm
- Customs and Border Protection Background Investigation (BI) desired
The Rock Elm leadership team has over four decades of consulting experience, with nearly two decades of experience working for large (Big 5) firms and the remainder working for small and mid-sized companies. In building Rock Elm, we have sought to bring the best aspects from all of these companies into our company. From our small company experience, we have retained a lean and agile mindset with employees having easy and direct access to leadership. From our large company experience, we have implemented high-quality compensation packages, a focus on employee growth, and a disciplined approach to service delivery.
Our philosophy is to balance our top priority, which is the success of our customers, with: the growth and satisfaction of our people, having a positive impact in our communities, and being financially sound.
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.