Location: Tysons Corner, VA
FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Consulting and Talent Acquisition Firm. We are seeking a Systems Administrator/Engineer to assist our client in their Tyson’s Corner, VA location.
Our client seeks an intelligent, articulate, and skilled Systems Administrator/Engineer. The ideal candidate has not only core system admin skills but also a strong interest in contributing to the design and evolution of complex system architectures and processes. The position can range from a recent graduate to a candidate with several years experience.
This new hire will join the Technology Operations team as they create and maintain robust operating environments for key technologies and applications. Unlike some infrastructure teams, our TechOps members learn not just the technology, but the purposes, usage patterns, and challenges of the platform. This makes them an integral part of many technology phases: planning, evaluation, procurement, design, configuration, testing, deployment, monitoring, troubleshooting, restoration, and recovery.
If you have strong foundational skills in computer science and Linux, love problem solving, and have to the drive to help us keeping pushing our platform forward, they would love to meet you and introduce this opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or a closely related field
- Strong fundamental Linux skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleague
- Confidence in own ideas along with openness to others’ ideas
- Skill and experience working with Puppet, Splunk, Rundeck, Python, and NGINX
- Skill and experience configuring, deploying, and monitoring PostgreSQL databases
- Skill and experience configuring, deployment, and monitoring J2EE platforms
- Skill and experience in systems admin/engineering (e.g. system performance tuning, monitoring design, security testing, networking, hardware build outs)