FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Consulting and Talent Acquisition Firm. We are seeking a Business Technology Analyst to assist our client in their Tyson’s Corner, VA location.
Our client runs on a proprietary platform consisting of trading tools, operational workflow, financial calculations, network optimizations, third-party interfaces, bank payment systems, and more. The complexity of our business allows unparalleled opportunities for team members to contribute to a rapidly expanding technology suite while developing a broad range of professional and technical skills. The firm recruits only top talent and has a culture in which the best idea wins the day unfettered by egos or hierarchies.
The Business Technology team scope includes both product and project management. These disciplines are at the core of technology management and continue to evolve rapidly as the industry continues to search for ever more effective ways to deliver solutions.
As a Business Technology Analyst, you will participate in product development from the very beginning (“What do our users need?”) and in project management to the very end (“Do we have a bug-free release ready to deploy to the live platform?”). Along the way, you will learn broad financial concepts as well as details of market microstructure, high-level technology delivery approaches and highly technical testing and coding skills. You will work with every other part of the firm and will have a critical part to play in the success of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Keen interest in problem solving
- Interest in financial markets (e.g. market design, trading mechanics, risk management)
- Interest in technology (e.g. product development, user experience, data management, troubleshooting)
- Ability to quickly grasp complex business and technology concepts
- Engineering or other quantitative background
- Knowledge and experience with process modeling
- Knowledge and experience in software quality assurance
- Knowledge and experience with data modeling
- Knowledge and experience with SQL
- Knowledge and experience of Java