FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Management and Consulting firm. We are seeking experienced Avionics Installers. Minimum of three years experience required installing and repairing avionics systems. A&P license is preferred, but not required. FCC license is a plus.
Knowledge & Skills
- Tests, installs, and/or repairs electrical/avionics equipment and systems, including systems and controls contained in the flight compartment.
- Routes wire throughout aircraft tying into both new and factory installed wire bundles and may assist in functional check-out and troubleshooting of all wiring systems.
- Performs less difficult assignments without assistance or supervision.
- Care and precision must be exercised in order to ensure quality installations, on-time deliveries, and satisfied customers.
Minimum Experience & Education
- A&P License preferred but not required
- FCC license preferred
- Working knowledge of Garmin, Rockwell Collins, Raytheon, and Honeywell avionics systems
- Reliable, self-motivated, and able to deal with stressful situations and timelines while maintaining professional and non-confrontational attitude.
- Required to provide own hand tools, marked, shadowed and inventoried
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- High School degree or equivalent required
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years of experience installing and troubleshooting avionics on small – medium corporate jet and turboprop aircraft
- Be physically able to perform aircraft mechanic duties.
- Ability to move freely about the interior and in the unpressurized area aft of the aft pressure bulkhead and meet aircraft specific specs for weight limit.
- Stand, squat, sit, walk, work with arms overhead for extended periods of time.
- Pull, push, and lift up to 50 lbs.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Per diem for qualified candidates
- Employee discount programs
- Company paid life insurance
- Weekly pay
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.