FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Management and Consulting firm. We are seeking a Sales Engineer to assist our client out of their Owings Mills, MD location.
The Sales Engineer is a pre and post-sales technical representative for Tricerat’s software applications and solutions. This role is the primary technical resource for our sales force. Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. He/she must be able to identify all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Sales Engineers must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
Tricerat, Inc. is an innovative world-class software company that prides itself in creating a unique assortment of solutions and is dedicated to making IT simple. Our mission is to simplify the lives of IT admins by automating everyday, routine tasks associated with managing a trouble-free user experience. We accomplish this by delivering dependable and easy-to-use software tools and personalized technical support and service. Our continuous commitment to quality and superior customer service has made Tricerat a leader in the industry. We strive for excellence across all levels and our purpose is to create value for our customers. Through open communication, respect, integrity, and excellence we make this happen and are able to operate as a connected company. It is the teamwork, collaboration and dedication by our employees that creates an energetic atmosphere that is unmatched!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Specifications:
- Present and articulate technical concepts through demos and successful installation of products
- Identify and analyze client’s business and technical requirements and translate them into product solutions
- Host webinars on product installation and functionality
- Work closely with sales team and product management team to strategize on business and technical issues
- Interface onsite and remotely to facilitate sales production and association
- Provide client feedback to product development and product management teams to guide future product and service offerings
- Provide market intelligence on competitive products and services
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at tradeshows, seminars, etc.
- Experience maintaining and configuring Citrix environments
- Experience presenting to a variety of audiences from IT professionals to C-level executives
- Citrix certification
- Microsoft certification
- VMware certification
- In-depth knowledge with data base concepts, architecture, and deployments
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Advanced written and oral communications skills
- Resourceful team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven track record in software sales and knowledge of technology
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field preferred
- Five or more years of pre and post-sales technical experience
- Experience with solution selling or relevant experience in vendor sales
- System Administration/Support experience in Windows and Mac environments
- Approximately 25% travel required
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.