FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Management and Consulting firm. We are seeking an Internal Auditor
to assist our client out of their Vienna, VA location.
This position reports to the CFO. You’ll be responsible for creating, from scratch, an internal auditing system that detects and tracks mistakes in data, streamlines risk assessment, creates criteria for initiating audits and analyzes data for reasonable conclusions. Our client needs an innovative, forward-thinking professional who doesn’t mind digging into data and searching for potential loopholes and vulnerabilities. Our client offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. The ideal candidate will have a background in IT, accounting and auditing.
- Test the operation and tweak the design of existing financial and IT controls
- Maintain and cultivate a master inventory of our businesses policies, practices and processes
- Improve customer care by initiating improvements to the financial control and auditing process
- Perform inquiries and testing as needed to identify and resolve vulnerabilities
- Develop new audit programs to ensure adequate financial controls
- Make recommendations to financial management about software, policies and audit triggers
- Create and update internal audit plan
- Ensure that recommendations are clearly presented to and agreed to by management and that a subsequent audit report is issued promptly
- Ensure that all agreed upon recommendations are subsequently implemented
- Deliver presentations to the audit committee
Preferred Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor degree with significant coursework in finance, accounting, information technology or related field
- 2-4 years of internal auditing information technology and accounting experience
- CPA, CIA, or CISA certification a plus but not required
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external entities to maximize performance and creativity
- Strong problem solving and researching skills
- Self-motivated, having the ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.