FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Management and Consulting firm. We are leading the search for an Instructional Designer
for our client located in Annapolis, MD.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for applying instructional design principles and theory to the enhancement and creation of learning products to support credential achievement and performance outcomes. These responsibilities will be carried out in a collaborative team environment that requires coordination with key project stakeholders to include learning and development team members, subject matter experts, creative staff, external support resources and client bases. The Instructional Designer will pursue departmental and organizational goals that are aligned with key business strategies focused on providing a lifelong learning experience to professionals.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and tracking of specific short and long‐term projects as assigned
- Write/script effectively for multiple media to include online/digital, mobile/social and print using current learning communication principles, practices, platforms and technologies
- Meet project plan commitments for tight deadlines and juggling multiple priorities while executing projects in a fast‐paced environment.
- Research and apply emerging learning technologies and concepts to learning and development strategic initiatives
- Practice established instructional design principles and theory for product integrity and legitimacy
- Demonstrate success in partnering, interacting with and influencing key project stakeholders in coordination with other L&D team members
- Influence positive learning outcomes by ensuring content meets audience needs
- Establish strategies for effective team collaborations to meet project goals
- Possess a positive, can‐do attitude for enhancing or innovating instructional design strategies for credential products
- Self‐motivated to achieve departmental and strategic learning goals
- Adhere to standards and principles to ensure quality in all product deliverables
- Innovate to achieve strategic goals for lifelong learning and credential opportunities.
- Enhance and maintain development standards for instructional design practices across all products and delivery modalities
- Participate in project oversight to include the development and management of project plans and timelines
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- 2‐4 years’ work experience in learning design and development
- Excellent technical skills to include working knowledge of Microsoft Office, current eLearning development tools and system integrations for learning delivery
- Experience with eLearning delivery and curation systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team‐oriented and self‐motivated with the ability to balance multiple projects
- Strong organizational and project management focus
- Theoretical base for instructional design across learning product types
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines within specified timelines