Location: Alexandria, VA
FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Management and Consulting firm. We are seeking a Data Scientist to assist our client in their Alexandria, VA location.
Successful candidate will have experience building, training, and deploying predictive models, such as machine learning models and or AI. He/she must to be able to perform statistical analysis on data sets. Must to be able to cleanse and update data in preparation of applying a variety of statistical algorithms. Once the statistical analysis is complete on a data set, candidate will identify predicative signal in the data and can either themselves or in coordination with a developer deploy a model that can be used to predict future outcomes.
- Perform statistical analysis, data mining, temporal and pattern analysis, correlation of events, predictive modeling, and pattern recognition.
- Document and visualize analytics both temporally and spatially, and present analytic results and uncertainty to decision makers.
- Provide informational briefings to explain methodologies and analytical findings to peers and customer stakeholders.
- Investigate and implement new scientific analysis and methodologies to support big data analytics efforts and implement workflows, data models, indexes and templates and facilitate data movement on all associated systems and networks.
- Provide architecture analysis and design implementation with detailed technology roadmaps and transition planning and master plans as required.
- Develops customized algorithms to solve analytical problems with incomplete data sets and implements automated processes for efficiently producing scale models.
- Conducts statistical modeling and experiment design, and tests and validates predictive models.
- Finds and recommends new uses for existing data sources; designs, modifies, and builds new data processes; and builds large, complex data sets.
Desired Certification / Experience
- US citizens only due to federal/government requirement. Must be able to clear U.S. Customs and Border Protection Background Investigation (BI)
- Experience in analysis, processing, tagging, and indexing unstructured, semi-structured, and structured classified and unclassified data sets.
- Experience developing research designs, including formulating testable questions, identifying and defining key concepts and variables, and matching appropriate methods to problems
- Experience in data project management, including cleaning and preparing data, and creating, structuring, and maintaining data sets
- Experience with incorporating data science capability into Stakeholder strategy
- Experience bridging data science strategy between leadership, IT, data scientists and other stakeholders;
- Experience analyzing current data science workflows and capabilities and recommending improvements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a Relevant Technical Discipline and 15 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree and 12 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, R, Java, Ruby, Spark, Matlab, or SQL.
- Experience with TensorFlow or Keras is highly desired
- Understanding of Hadoop, Hive and/or MapReduce