FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Management and Consulting firm. We are seeking a Staff Accountant
to assist our client out of their Bowie, MD location. This is a full time, permanent position.
This position is responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, developing and maintaining department budgets and generating cost reports. Oversees financial reporting and operations and serves as a key resource for accounting issues. Acts as a trusted advisor to the team and overall company and understands the workflows and supports the change management process.
- Prepare accounting related entries to numerous registers, journals and logs.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciles accounts, verifies accuracy of data, and reports, identifies, and corrects errors made by both internal and external personnel.
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, half-year, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts.
- Maintain and update records and reports for profit and loss, taxes, liabilities, and assets.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry.
- Perform monthly bank settlements
- Prepare special financial reports as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Some projects and/or leads may require out-of-the-area and overnight travel, varies depending on job and lead.
Required Education and Experience
Preferred Qualifications/ Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4-5 years’ experience in accounting or related field
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Active pursuit of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Experience in audit accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles in the U.S.) a plus
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.