FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Management and Consulting firm. We are seeking a Payroll Manager
to assist our client out of their office, located in Westport, CT. The company is in the hospitality industry and is backed by a prominent private equity firm with plans to significantly grow the business. This is a full time, permanent position.
The Payroll Manager will report to the Controller and be charged with establishing a well-controlled payroll process and executing weekly payroll for 1,400 hourly and salaried employees. Ongoing responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with the third-party payroll processor (ADP) to ensure the timely and accurate processing of a US multi-state payroll.
- Collaborate with HR and ADP, to accurately track leaves of absence, PTO, FMLA, benefits enrollment and administration, HRIS (incl. manager/employee self-service) and time and attendance
- Establishing and maintaining payroll-related activities such as time off accruals & balances, holiday pay, garnishments, and manual check calculations.
- Reviewing and approving the daily tips reconciliation for all locations
- Reviewing payroll related transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness of data, interface management & reconciliation of data.
- Review month end, quarter end & year end payroll data and filings, and provide analysis of variances to budget and prior periods.
- Serving as a resource to store management and all employees on payroll-related matter. Provide them with an understanding of the payroll process as well as assisting with employee questions regarding compensation and tip payouts.
- Processing data changes including new hires, promotions, transfers and terminations.
- Providing expertise on payroll regulations, including US federal, state wage/hour regulations (FLSA) and best practices.
- Providing support for compliance requirements that have a direct effect on payroll processing.
- Maintaining and adhering to internal controls and reporting related to payroll transactions.
Prospective candidates should possess strong knowledge of multi-state payroll processing and have familiarity with various payroll systems. S/he must also be proficient with Excel and capable of preparing and executing reporting to management. Other important qualifications include:
Education and Experience:
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and ability to interact with personnel at various levels.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in handling of confidential material.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- CPP preferred
- Hospitality industry experience preferred
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.