FosterThomas is seeking an Instructional Designer. FosterThomas is an Alliance Partner with ADP. This role will support ADP clients who are implementing ADP services.
This is a remote position, with occasional travel. The time frame is initially through June 2020 with possible extension through December 2020. 30-40 hours/week.
Consultant should have 5-10 years’ experience in Instructional Design. Experience with software systems-related content and change management practices.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with Project Manager and HCM Manager to define scope of training and documentation needed for each project as part of the project analysis phase
- Develop learning objectives/performance outcomes for each project based on the defined scope
- Attend project meetings to become familiar with the subjects to be developed for training
- Attend User Acceptance Testing for each project to help frame the documentation and training around how the tools will be used by different groups or users
- Create step-by-step documentation of business and system processes, including screenshots, for distribution to different user groups
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and project team to capture training content and screenshots
- Develop and deliver training and associated materials to be delivered in person for different user groups
- Train SME’s to deliver some of the training
- Create training videos that can be distributed to targeted user groups
- Partner with the Communications Lead to create and distribute documentation to support the communication plan for the projects
- Where necessary, create training for future users that focuses on the new point of view rather than process change training that may be needed for initial project go-lives
- Review all documents and training with project team to ensure accuracy and ability to fulfill the objectives and performance outcomes
- Evaluate learning outcomes and provide statistical analysis – we want an established feedback loop throughout the process
- Create a toolkit for future use when the business will need to make updates to documentation and training
- Targeted audiences/system users will include:
- Internal HR departments
- Supervisors and Managers
- Hourly Employees
- Salary Employees
- Directors/Department Heads
FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.