FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading FosterThomas, HR Consulting and Talent Acquisition Firm. We are seeking an Oracle Database Administrator
to assist our client in their Washington, DC location.
Experience in Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL, Redis, and MongoDB databases as a primary function
Requirements from solicitation instructions:
Technical Support Requirements:
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor’s level in IT, or Computer Science with relevant experience (6 – 8 years)
- Experience administrating a Linux-based environment (RHEL, CentOS, CoreOS), Docker, container orchestration tools (e.g., preferably Kubernetes/GoogleAnthos/OpenShift)
- Experience working in a Hybrid cloud environment
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL 11 and higher, pgbackrest, haproxy, and pgbouncer
- Knowledge of MongoDB replication, and Administration
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as: Oracle Enterprise Manager, Prometheus, Grafana MongoDB Ops Manager
- Agile mindset and likes to tackle complex problems and take initiative and responsibility
- Excellent communication skills
|4.0 Database Administration
||Provide Databases administration, configuration, and maintenance services to support PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis
- Best practices versus customization is preferred when implementing solutions
||Provide database Security configuration and maintenance for PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis on VMs and future container configurations
- Database security is used to establish roles and limit access to data based on function
- Securing data at rest if needed
||Provide and maintain documentation of Database configurations.
- Documentation includes description, functional and technical analysis, and detailed configuration parameters.
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.