Location: Alexandria, VA
FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Consulting and Talent Acquisition Firm. We are seeking a Java/Kafka Engineer to assist our client in their Alexandria, VA location. Position offers ability to work remote 2-3 days per week.
Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable off the shelf application or custom-built technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Contribute to the entire implementation process for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs
- Contribute to overall solution design
- Responsible for build and test of applications
Conduct root cause analysis and complex performance tuning
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of development experience with Java.
- 1-2 years of development experience with Kafka.
- Experience with Java, Spring and Spring Boot, and Kafka
- Familiarity with DevOps or CI/CD preferred
- Experience with web services, messaging, and stored procedures preferred.
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.