FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Management and Consulting firm. We are seeking a Mail Clerk to assist our client a Government Contractor located in Washington DC.
- Have a minimum of one year work experience with mail handling and distribution that five evidence of ability to perform tasks required
- Proficient in mail center operations
- Process and distribute incoming mail to personnel in a corporate setting.
- Sort mail by hand and/or use sorting machines.
- Log incoming mail into an internal system as required.
- Deliver messages and packages from one department or individual to another within an office, maintain shipping and mailing supplies, such as envelopes, tape, and stamps, and keep an inventory of these supplies.
- Handle all outgoing packages by packaging items if necessary, ensure proper labeling, and arrange pickup from the post office, UPS, FedEx, or other carriers.
- Possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties normally associated with processing and delivering mail, which require employees to frequently stand, use hands to manipulate individual mail pieces; reach vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to operate a government vehicle to drop off and pick up mail from various locations.
- Physical Demands:
- Must be able to make door-to-door mail deliveries or handle mail carts and mail hampers or lockboxes often weighing in excess of fifty pounds or receive stock and distribute special jobs must be able to perform these functions safely and efficiently.
- Must be able to present a professional appearance (no open toe shoes allowed) and provide services in a professional and courteous manner while complying with all applicable client rules, regulations, and procedures. For example, personnel shall not smoke in the building, and shall wear Contractor identification at all times. Contractor personnel shall not litter, damage, deface, or foul client grounds or property.
- Must be able to orally communicate with customers and the public to deliver mail, process telephone requests, etc.; read printed and cursive writing to research addresses, special written instruction, manuals, bulletins, direction, notes, memoranda, or any other written material necessary to efficiently carry out any work within the clients Mail Center.
- Ability to maintain facilities in a neat and orderly condition.
- Must complete clients IT security training requirements annually
- Personnel must be drug free. Random drug testing may occur.
- Personnel must be able to read, write, speak and understand English well enough to understand and implement the Mail Center Standard Operating Procedures.
- Strong communication skills
- Really good at working in a team environment
- Dependable and Reliable
- Must be able to work 8am – 3:30 pm
- Punctuality is a must
- Ability to follow directions
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.