FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading Human Capital Management Firm. We are seeking a Payroll Manager to assist our client in Charlotte, NC. This opportunity offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. This position is full time and permanent.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for all aspects of payroll processing of multi-state weekly and bi-weekly payrolls using ADP Vantage.
- Process payroll for regular pay, bonuses, deferred compensation, overtime, etc. for a multi-state, multi pay frequency environment ensuring it is accurate, compliant, and timely making all associated entries and adjustments using ADP Vantage.
- In charge of entire payroll auditing process. Conduct Tax and Payroll audits and process and upload periodic and quarterly tax files accurately and timely to ADP.
- Possess a though understanding of payroll concepts; Gross wages, taxable wages, pre/post tax deductions, tax withholdings, garnishments, disposable income, moving/relocation expenses, taxation of car allowance, bonus pay, fringe benefits, proper handling of overpayment/repayment of wages.
- Research and interpret federal and state regulatory requirements and resolve tax, withholding, garnishment and wage/hour issues for payroll processing. This includes creation of new tax jurisdictions as needed to ensure tax compliance for all payroll withholding and unemployment tax filings for multi-state payroll.
- Ensure all garnishments are set-up and properly paid while ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of current federal, state garnishment laws.
- Performs routine and non-routine data retrieval, research, analysis, and reporting form the payroll records including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year end reporting as well as general ledger support for reconciliations and adjustments
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Able to run detailed ADP reports and queries
- Must have obtained a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and 7+ years of payroll process experience.
- CPP Preferred
- Must know and have processed utilizing ADP Vantage.
- Knowledge of multi state payroll processing and garnishments.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local wage and tax laws and compliance requirements.
- Has a blend of work experiences that are both strategic (able to forecast future trends and able to plan for their impact) and tactical (enjoys hands on payroll responsibilities)
- Possess an attitude that does best in a busy, roll up your sleeves and get the job done environment.
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic