FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading Human Capital Management Firm. We are seeking a Staff Accountant to assist our client in Annapolis, MD. This opportunity offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. This position is full time and permanent.
Our client is
a full-service consulting and engineering services firm representing leaders in the defense, aerospace, intelligence, and related industries, is hiring a qualified staff accountant to support a variety of clients.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team providing accounting services to clients in distinct industries, with an internal accountant perspective. This position is hands-on and heavily involved in day-to-day accounting for companies in the government contracting and renewable energy industries. The staff accountant will work closely with the Corporate Controller and client management teams to meet critical company deadlines. The team relies upon technology to communicate remotely with staff across the United States and in Europe.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Record transactions, perform month-end closing entries timely and accurately
- Assist in preparation and analysis of financial statements
- Follow, develop, and document policies and procedures
- Prepare monthly financial dashboards and charts for internal and external reporting
- Prepare and submit invoices to customers (federal government and commercial)
- Assist in preparation of documentation for external auditors and tax accountants
- Work with management to develop, design, and maintain financial budgets
- occasional travel may be required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
- Minimum of three years' experience in accounting field (financial statement preparation preferred)
- Recent and relevant expertise with QuickBooks accounting software is required
- Strong understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience in federal government contract accounting and business systems, to include an understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) required
- Experience with preparation and analysis of financial budgets and cash flow
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel is critical
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated with strong time management skills
This position offers a competitive benefits package including PTO, 401K, and health benefits. We know our team is more than just the job we do, which is why we support education advancement with our tuition reimbursement program.
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic