FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading Human Capital Management Firm. We are assisting our client in their search for an HR Manager. Our client is a growing and dynamic government contractor located north of Baltimore, on Aberdeen Proving Grounds. This opportunity offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. This position is full time and permanent.
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, and employment law compliance. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Plans, organizes, and leads all activities specific to the HR department. Manages the Recruiter and HR Administrator.
- Develops innovative strategies to attract and retain a diverse pool of high-quality talent with the attributes to advance the needs of the business. Manages the onboarding program and integrates newcomers into the organization in ways that maximize their ability to perform and succeed.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to identify reasons for employee separations to improve employee retention.
- Manages employee performance review program and communicates expectations to company. Provides support to management as needed.
- Works in tandem with benefits broker to administer employee benefits, including communicating benefits information to employees and creating an annual open enrollment program.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve HR efficiency and ensure compliance.
- Must have experience with working with a dispersed/virtual workforce.
- Works with HR Consulting firm, as needed, specific to HR related initiatives such as compliance reporting, employees’ trainings, and HR policy updates.
- Responsible for the management of department HR Information Systems.
- Our client utilizes Paylocity for their HRIS system
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations. Responsible for all reporting requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or closely related fields are required.
- Minimum 5 or more years of experience working as an HR Generalist with some management experience. The successful candidate will have experience with a variety of HR functions, including employee relations, policies, and benefits administration
- Human Resources Certification is a plus
- Proficient user of MS Office as well as a variety of HR Information Systems.
- Possesses outstanding organization skills.
- Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses excellent time management skills and can work under pressure.
- Demonstrates good judgment, creativity, and a positive attitude.
Our client is a dynamic and growing company. We are looking for an individual that is excited to build a fantastic workplace and help employees grow to meet their professional goals!
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic