FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading Human Capital Management Firm. We are assisting our client in their search for an Account Manager
out of their office, located on the Maryland side of Washington, DC. This opportunity offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. This position is full time and permanent.
This position is responsible for providing direct management for multiple accounts and for developing and retaining customer relationships to facilitate financial growth. Oversees all daily work order activities and the promotion of premium project management. Acts as a trusted advisor to the team and overall company and understands the workflows and supports the change management process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Account Management: Retain Accounts & Grow Accounts
- Lead and develop high performing production teams.
- Manage & Development Accounts.
- Champion the company way.
- Be a mentor & Trainer - Everyone is responsible, both formally and informally, for the mentorship, growth, development, and training of fellow team members across the company.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to identify, define requirements, assign resources and prioritize projects within the team to ensure customers’ needs are consistently met.
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of assigned customer’s needs, team goals, corporate goals, business practices and satisfaction/performance criteria and creates annual Customer forecast with monthly projections.
- Leads annual customer review, visit and/or presentation for all key accounts.
- Responsible for customer relationship including the daily contact with customer personnel, and understanding the relationship of other third parties (contractors, end user)
- Orchestrates the customer onboarding and initial training to ensure they are set up for success and collaborates with internal Business Development Coordinator
- Oversees all customer projects and directs team to ensure quoting, planning and close out meet customer’s expectations.
- Reviews quotes over $10K, and oversees plans, schedules and logistics established for customer’s major projects.
- Creates and maintains consistent service contracts and ensures all specifications are met within agreed upon time frame.
- Manages positive customer relations among stakeholders by managing expectations and providing solutions and information in a timely manner. Identifies account growth opportunities for additional service opportunities to customer and educates customers on programs resulting in additional opportunities and growth.
- Regularly presents new and/or enhanced products and services to customer and exposed customers to new opportunities.
- Develops working relationship across company including owner/CEO.
- Lead & develop high performing teams – holding team members accountable to established standards.
- Works with HR and Ops Manager to identify team deficiencies and implement corrective action measures
- Collaborates with Operations and other Account Managers and Team Leads to define and implement consistent strategies and work processes across the company.
- Schedule & leads daily/weekly team meetings and meets with all team members and participates in project meetings when needed.
- Manages team assignments to ensure workload activities are appropriately balanced and supported within the team.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Effectively analyzes data resulting in appropriate fiscal, quality, service and operational objectives and establishes detailed time-based action plans, which assure the achievement of all team goals and objectives.
- Updates professional knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Recognizes, retains and manages employees and effectively utilizes individual skill sets to help enhance team and company performance.
- Manages (with team members) PTO/OOO coverage needs to ensure customer/projects are effectively covered using team and company resources.
- Project Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Account Development.
- People Management.
Direct supervision of Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Project Administrative Specialist.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work.
Travel - 20%
Some projects and/or leads may require out-of-the-area and overnight travel, varies depending on job and lead.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in related field (i.e. Business, Marketing) from an accredited college or university.
**Years of professional experience may be substituted for education.
• Seven years of experience directing and coordinating projects, preferably in the facility service or office furniture industry.
• Two years supervising a team of project managers, project coordinators/assistants.
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.