Sr. Solutions Architect
Location: Elkridge, MD (currently remote)
FosterThomas, a Mid-Atlantic Staffing and Recruiting Firm, is leading the search for a Solutions Architect for our Client located Elkridge, MD.
Our client is looking for a Solution Architect to define and lead an overall technology vision, roadmap, and implementation strategy for systems providing exceptional user experience, performance, and scalability.
In this role, you will act as the senior technical resource on a very large platform responsible for identifying the vision for defining innovative solutions, leveraging new technologies and designing and architecting solutions meeting business and mission goals.
You will provide technical direction for development, design, and system integration for product owners and developers throughout a product lifecycle.
Successful candidates will have successfully operated in a commercial software development environment where use of modern, cloud-based technologies (including PaaS/SaaS architectures) were common.
- Engaging stakeholders in discovery calls to understand their business and technical needs
- May have responsibilities in support the business development lifecycle (Business Development, Capture, Solution Architect, Pricing and Proposal Development)
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of all Cloud ( Azure or AWS) infrastructure and services within a managed service environment
- Presents alternative solutions to customer and senior leadership in solving a specific business problem or enabling customer value
- Collaborating with project teams to engineer appropriate and viable solutions
- Oversee the design, deployment and maintenance of enterprise security, network, and systems management applications within an AWS environment.
- Oversee the design and implementation of availability, scalability, and performance plans for the AWS managed service environment.
- Creation of applicable documentation and diagrams to effectively illustrate proposed solution architecture.
- Identification and Documentation of as-is and to-be architectures.
- Creation of Technology Roadmaps.
- Presentation of engineered solutions with a focus on articulating how each aspect of the solution directly relates to solving the clients technical or business needs.
- Thorough documentation of all engineered solutions, including application to customer technical requirements, and customer expectations to help ensure successful implementation.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of relevant web application stacks, security, cloud computing, industry direction, and trends.
- Performs highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge technologies.
- Assess and provide recommendations on new technologies and techniques.
- Applies expert functional knowledge and experience to significant business projects or processes.
- Able to operate across multiple projects to enable synergies and cost savings from both an application, infrastructure, data, and security perspective.
- Attend and document customer visits, site surveys, and trade shows/conferences to gather and convey marketing intelligence on emerging requirements and technologies.
- Working with our Capture Managers, translate customer needs into compelling solutions for proposals.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert to prime contractor team members in responding to technical requirements within core competencies.
- Knowledge of data migration practices and technologies
- Extensive experience with AWS offerings (AWS Cloud Formation, AWS EC2, S3, VPC, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Amazon Kinesis, AWS Lambda, Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS), Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS), and Amazon Simple Workflow Service (Amazon SWF)
- Strong knowledge of AWS SDK and development experience with one of the programming languages – Java, .Net
- Experience with automation/configuration management, Infrastructure as code products such as Terraform, Chef, Ansible or similar.
- Strong knowledge with Web Services, API Gateways and application integration development and design
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge of containerization and microservice architectures is a plus
- Knowledge of agile software development practices and release management
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 15+ years’ experience developing multi-tiered enterprise solutions for Federal clients
- Desired Technology Skills; Not required:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Professional)
- AWS Certified Security (Specialty) - Preferred
- AWS, Azure, or similar cloud experience: 3-5 years
- Certification in Microsoft Azure Cloud Technologies