Location: Elkridge, MD
FosterThomas, a Mid-Atlantic Staffing and Recruiting Firm, is leading the search for an Enterprise Architect for our Client located Elkridge, MD.
We are looking for an Enterprise Architect to define and lead an overall enterprise vision, roadmap, and implementation strategy for systems providing exceptional user experience, performance, and scalability. For this role, you will act as the senior technical resource on a very large platform responsible for identifying the vision for defining innovative solutions leveraging new technologies and designing and architecting solutions meeting business and mission goals. You will provide technical direction for development, design, and system integration for product owners throughout a product lifecycle. Successful candidates will have successfully operated in a commercial software development environment where use of modern, cloud-based technologies (including PaaS/SaaS architectures) were common.
- Responsible for working with senior leadership in development of overall enterprise vision, roadmap, and implementation strategy
- Presents alternative solutions to customer and senior leadership in solving a specific business problem or enabling customer value.
- Engaging stakeholders in discovery calls to understand their business and technical needs.
- Collaborating with project teams to engineer appropriate and viable solutions.
- Assist in preparation and/or review of quotes, proposals, and statements of work.
- Creation of applicable documentation and diagrams to effectively illustrate proposed solution architecture.
- Identification and Documentation of as-is and to-be architectures.
- Creation of Technology Roadmaps.
- Support development of new standards, stated directions, and guidelines.
- As a customer facing position duties will include but not limited to manage stakeholder’s expectations that will require excellent communication, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Presentation of engineered solutions with a focus on articulating how each aspect of the solution directly relates to solving the clients technical or business needs.
- Thorough documentation of all engineered solutions, including application to customer technical requirements, and customer expectations to help ensure successful implementation.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of relevant web application stacks, security, cloud computing, industry direction, and trends.
- Serves as a top level technical or functional expert for the enterprise.
- Performs highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge technologies.
- Assess and provide recommendations on new technologies and techniques.
- Applies expert functional knowledge and experience to significant business projects or processes.
- Able to operate across multiple projects to enable synergies and cost savings from both an application, infrastructure, data and security perspective.
- 10+ years of experience in related technology work; 5 +years working in HHS/CMS environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- Must have operated in a successful agile software product development environment for 7+ years
- Understands complex enterprise, cloud-based concepts and effectively employs different design techniques.
- Able to work closely with all project stakeholders such as business users, project managers, and business analysts while delivering solutions.
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with multiple relational database management system.
- Understands the benefits and ideal uses of various programming languages.
- Possesses significant knowledge of modern micro-services based architectures.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Microsoft Project
- Java application development
- Apache open software
- AWS Services, PaaS, SaaS tools experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.