is a leading Human Capital Management Firm. We are assisting our client, Schuyler Line Navigation Company (a Bold Ocean company)
in their search for a Purchasing Agent
. This position will be located in Annapolis, MD
. This opportunity offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. This position is full time and permanent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Purchasing Agent is a member of the operations Team responsible for applying best practices in the daily purchasing activities for the Fleet.
- Reporting to the Fleet Technical Manager, the Purchasing Agent (Buyer) will process all procurement requirements for a fleet of 4 vessels.
- The applicant will be a skilled user with the Company purchasing system NSE (Nautical Systems Enterprise).
- Activities include regular communication with suppliers, vessels and Port Engineers to ensure effective implementation of company purchasing processes, procedures and systems.
- Will source and develop relationships with key vendors, utilizing fleet discounts and contracts where available.
- Responsible for purchasing a wide range of materials for vessels including machinery spare gear, cabin stores, engine stores, deck stores by researching/sourcing products, processing requisitions/requests for quotations and evaluating/selecting vendors within budget guidelines under the guidance of the vessel port engineers or the Fleet Technical Manager.
- Preparation and follow-up of purchase orders to ensure correct coding and approvals.
- Follow-up of all issued purchase orders to ensure appropriate delivery dates/times/locations. Delivery schedule for material to the vessels must be continuously monitored and adjusted as required subject to changes on vessels schedules and responsible for coordinating delivery of all purchased material. Vessels to be updated accordingly on upcoming deliveries and delivery schedules.
- Updating the company purchasing system with any changes in status or other information on suppliers/products.
- Reconciling discrepancies with purchase orders and invoices.
- Assist colleagues with daily responsibilities in the event of vacation, sick days, business trips, etc. to ensure uninterrupted service to vessels.
- Perform other tasks and duties as directed by the Fleet Technical Manager.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skill and Abilities):
- A desire to drive continuous improvement in self and others
- Previous experience and knowledge of NSE maintenance and purchasing system preferred.
- Analytical, problem solving, time management, project management and decision making skills
- Demonstrates teamwork, interpersonal and communications skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience of purchasing functions for the types of vessel managed.
FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.