SYSTEM ARCHITECT – RASS
Our client is an information technology company helping businesses and government agencies modernize and thrive by applying the power of technology. They began making a mark in the federal healthcare space in 2004, where we continue to actively modernize systems to improve healthcare’s value for millions of Americans. Since then, our work has expanded across various sectors and industries, where we help our customers stay ahead of the new and make the world in which we live, better.
The Project - RASS
CMS is seeking alternative solutions to the existing Risk Adjustment Suite of Systems (RASS) to create efficiencies in processing time, utilize modern infrastructure and technology such as cloud services, and provide predictive analytics for beneficiary risk scores based on business rules and drivers. This scope of work requires a large-scale, efficient approach to systems management; especially validation work that is informed by a careful, deliberate approach to continuous quality improvement efforts (e.g., improved efficiency in coding and processing that ensures accuracy in CMS’ payments allocated to its contracted organizations).
We are looking for a qualified System Architect to join team their team in developing the next-generation RASS platform. The individual will have a chance to work with cutting-edge technologies in an innovation-driven environment where individual creativity is valued and teams work together to solve challenges to achieve common goals.
- At least seven years of experience in IT system architecture.
- Proven expertise in architecting and designing solutions for large, complex software development projects, with both mainframe batch systems and cloud-based systems, accounting for scalability, flexibility, performance, and security.
- Proven success with hands-on development, prototype development, trade-off and selection analysis, and evaluation of various technologies.
- Advanced proficiency with software and services related to migrating legacy systems to the cloud (especially AWS) and optimizing their performance in the cloud.
- Extended experience with service-oriented environments and best development practices.
- Superior knowledge of the fundamentals of iterative development and the application of Agile concepts and principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with stakeholders to discuss their requirements and objectives.
- Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of the last 5 years
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Fact- and data-oriented
- Deadline- and closure-oriented
- Strong persuasion, facilitation, and influencing skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams including senior-level individuals
Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team-building culture