Business Analyst Lead
US-MD-Elkridge - Currently Remote
BUSINESS ANALYST LEAD – RASS
Our client is an information technology company helping businesses and government agencies modernize and thrive by applying the power of technology. They began making a mark in the federal healthcare space in 2004, where we continue to actively modernize systems to improve healthcare’s value for millions of Americans. Since then, our work has expanded across various sectors and industries, where we help our customers stay ahead of the new and make the world in which we live, better.
The Project - RASS
CMS is seeking alternative solutions to the existing Risk Adjustment Suite of Systems (RASS) to create efficiencies in processing time, utilize modern infrastructure and technology such as cloud services, and provide predictive analytics for beneficiary risk scores based on business rules and drivers. This scope of work requires a large-scale, efficient approach to systems management, especially validation work that is informed by a careful, deliberate approach to continuous quality improvement efforts (e.g., improved efficiency in coding and processing that ensures accuracy in CMS’ payments allocated to its contracted organizations).
We are looking for a qualified Business Analyst Lead to join their team in developing the next-generation RASS platform. The individual will have a chance to work with cutting-edge technologies in an innovation-driven environment where individual creativity is valued and teams work together to solve challenges to achieve common goals.
- At least eight years of experience in planning, designing, developing, and launching efficient business, financial, and operations systems in support of core program functions and business
- processes, with four years serving in a leadership role.
- Proficiency in developing robust business rules to resolve system issues and enhancements for systems.
- Proficiency in developing testing scenarios.
- Exhibit a strong business understanding about Medicare programs, systems, and processes.
- Experience in user story development support for business needs and requests.
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals.
- Experience leading requirements elicitation sessions with internal and external stakeholders, analyzing agency guidance and providing feedback as needed, and reviewing future legislature changes for impact on system functionality.
- Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of the last 5 years
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Fact- and data-oriented
- Deadline- and closure-oriented
- Strong persuasion, facilitation, and influencing skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams including senior-level individuals
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team-building culture