FosterThomas is a Human Capital Management firm based in Annapolis, MD with clients nationwide. We are seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist to process and consult with our clients pertaining to their payroll needs specific to ADP Workforce Now. This position will be classified as hybrid, which will consist of a blend of in-office and remote work. This is a great opportunity for professional growth.
- Work with clients to ensure payroll is processed accurately, timely and that all required reporting is delivered.
- Communicate professionally, effectively, timely and courteously
- Process payroll data from timekeeping system
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, taxes and insurance
- Maintain current knowledge of IRS regulations
- Compile and submit payroll deductions related check requests and payments
- Maintain, prepare and process payroll for organization personnel
- Audit employee timesheets for hours worked and accuracy
- Prepare payroll related journal entries for period-end
- Completes weekly/monthly report requirement
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting, analytical and technical ability
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Serve as the primary liaison to ADP as requested
- Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 3-5 years processing payroll with in-depth knowledge of various payroll functions using primarily ADP Workforce Now.
- Must have IN DEPTH experience processing payroll.
- Experiencing processing multiple states and over 1,000 employees
- Additionally experience with implementation of new payroll systems is beneficial.
- Must be able to acclimate to new situations easily and must have a consultative attitude.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as being proficient with MS Office.
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
FosterThomas is a vaccinated employer. As such, prospective new hires will be required to provide proof of vaccination or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered.