Vice President, Engineering
Location: Elkridge, MD/Remote
FosterThomas, a Mid-Atlantic Staffing and Recruiting Firm, is leading the search for a Vice President, Engineering for our Client located Elkridge, MD, currently remote.
The Vice President, Engineering is responsible for managing and providing leadership to the Engineering staff in partnership with the CTO, aligning the technical direction of the company with the vision of the CEO, CTO, and providing technical writing in support of new business opportunities, and providing technical direction in support of multiple IT projects/programs. You will be charged with providing leadership in developing technical strategies for programs and input into long range business planning from a technical perspective.
The VP, Engineering will collaborate with the senior management team on proposal development, including writing and reviewing. The VP, Engineering will partner with the CTO in strategy development for the company’s Infrastructure Services, Software Development, Call Center, Technical thought leadership, Solutions Architecting & Development, as well as Research and Development.
Technical Solution Development
- Lead and develop program technical solutions/innovations, products, including the design/development of proof-of-concepts and implementation of designed products.
- Learn and shape technical opportunities by white paper development, capability briefings, supporting technical presentations to clients, and technical writing in support of proposal efforts.
- Provide solution support to sell company’s IT services, including Software Integration, Software Development, IT Security, Administration, OpenSource Technologies, Big Data/Data Analytics, Program/Project Administration, Data Capture & Recovery, Data Storage & Archiving.
- Responsible for the long-range direction of program engineering/technology strategy. Directs the strategic design, acquisition, management, and implementation of program-wide technology and products.
- Maintains technology standards across all programs to align with organizational technology standards.
- Directs the activities necessary to design and develop innovative technical solutions for programs as well as ensure the necessary technology infrastructure is running seamlessly, efficiently, and effectively.
- For each client, collaborate with all appropriate internal parties to help define client technical goals, develop innovative solutions, set technical objectives, develop plans and timelines, and monitor ongoing technical delivery to ensure effective project execution.
- Provide ongoing and high-level advisory technical services to clients and prospective clients.
- Collaborate with other Management Team members, Project and/or Client Management staff, and/or other management to develop and implement systems and processes to monitor, ensure, and improve technical delivery and client satisfaction. Includes ensuring technical milestones are achieved on-time and within budget.
- Experience transforming an organization from a waterfall to agile culture.
- Strategic (Forward) thinker – one that brings ideas to the table that enhance customer performance; ability to grasp vision and objectives of program and build game plan and execute
- 8+ years of Technical and Program Management Experience
- NPL experience
- Experience with data analytics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Microsoft Project
- Azure DevOps (Formerly VSTS)
- Experience with complex Java Enterprise Applications, IBM WebSphere stack, modern/lightweight cloud-native applications, containerization and Kubernetes.
- Highly knowledgeable in DevOps services is also expected
- Healthcare/CMS experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment and have sound judgment.
- Attention to detail, quick learner, have a positive attitude, ability to multi-task, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to perform the analysis as defined with specific Medicare laws, regulations, manuals, instructions and any additional information assigned by management.
- Possess critical thinking skills, reading and interpretation, writing, and communication skills.
- Understanding and wide application of methodology and subject matter related concepts, practices, standards and procedures with a general knowledge of other related business disciplines.
- Able to work closely with all project stakeholders such as business users, project managers, and business analysts while delivering solutions.
- Works with limited supervision.
- Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of 5 years.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.