Senior DevSecOps Engineer
Location: Windsor Mills, MD/Remote
FosterThomas, a Mid-Atlantic Staffing and Recruiting Firm, is leading the search for a Senior DevSecOps Engiener for our Client located Elkridge, MD, currently remote.
Our client is seeking a Development Operations (DevOps)/Development Security Operations (DevSecOps) - Operations and Governance Solutions (OGS) Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be in Windsor Mill, MD. Put your years of experience into a future of excellence. The qualified applicant will become part of our client’s Business Operations Support Contractor (BOSC) program to provide support services to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Our Medicare Enrollment and Payment Systems (MEPS) (MBOSC) program is on the cutting edge of healthcare reform in the United States and is making a difference in all Americans' lives.
The MBOSC Program within the Office of Information Technology (OIT) / Enterprise Systems Solutions Group (ESSG) at CMS currently provides business operations and DevOps/DevSecOps support for modernization and transition to cloud initiatives.
- Function as a technical subject matter expert to support DevOps process improvements, including CI/CD Automation.
- Collaborate closely with CMS and Other MEPS vendors to develop DevOps and DevSecOps.
- Create Proof Of Concepts adopting industry best practices for CI/CD automation.
- Provide DevOps/DevSecOps Implementation and support services, including
- Application Lifecycle Management and Monitoring ( ALM )
- Application Performance Monitoring Tools ( APM )
- Cloud Infrastructure Tools,
- Performance and Security
- Software and Platform Architecture and
- Big Data
- Evaluate and provide recommendations on new tools and services and identify methods to reduce technical debt.
- Explain complex technical matters to non-technical stakeholders.
- Identify issues, blockers, and implement effective solutions.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced multitasking environment, both collaboratively and independently, with limited direction and remote teams.
- Be available for onsite meetings at the CMS facility on Security Boulevard, Baltimore, upon request
Nice To Have
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and five (5) years of DevOps/DevSecOps experience or ten years of related experience will satisfy degree and experience requirements.
- Experience working in AWS cloud technologies and various other tools and services provided by
- Five (5) or more years of experience in production operations settings SAFe and cloud environments.
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation.
- Must possess sharp attention to detail, have proven organizational skills (time management and prioritization), and also employ a rigorous process for all follow-up/coordination activities
- Thorough understanding of DevOps/DevSecOps principles
- Experience in migration of mainframe applications to AWS and scripting technologies.
- AWS with expertise in AWS SysOps administration concepts.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect – Associate or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certifications.
- Knowledge of IT Security concepts and how to maintain the security of publicly available web applications.
- Work well under pressing deadlines.
- Experience with AWS cost optimization strategies and implementation.
- Experience with database technologies including but not limited to AWS managed database services, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Dynamo DB, SQL, NoSQL, and Microsoft SQL clustering.
- Experience with containerization, Docker, and orchestration
- Familiarity with multiple cloud service providers, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP etc.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow, Jira, Confluence, MS SharePoint, New Relic, Splunk & CloudTamer, GitHub.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- ITIL certification or Six Sigma Certification a plus.
- Experience with CMS/MEPS/MAPD programs a plus.
- Experience with building and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams, including senior-level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team-building culture