UI / UX Designer
Location: Arlington, VA
FosterThomas, a Mid-Atlantic Staffing and Recruiting Firm, is leading the search for a UI/UX Designer for our Client located in Arlington, VA.
Successful candidate will serve as a designer in the U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General (OIG) Application Integration Directorate, responsible for user experience and interface design. He/she will quickly, yet thoroughly, create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mock-ups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors, as well as develop and maintain detailed user interface specifications. Addition responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Create user centered designs for software projects by considering customer feedback
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and on device software applications
- Create and evaluate interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience
- Breakdown complex requirements and concepts into well thought visual designs and workflows
- Ability to work collaboratively with developers, project managers, and cross functional teams to ensure that designs are successfully created and implemented to achieve the user goals
- Experience creating UI specs & wireframes.
- Flexibility and willingness to move from idea, to whiteboard, to execution quickly.
- Participates in testing, validating own and others’ functionality
- At least 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a public trust clearance
- Conceptual understanding of User Interface Design and the Design Process
- Intermediate to advanced user of Adobe Creative Suite (or other designer tools)
- Intermediate level of HTML, CSS and Bootstrap
- Understanding of Less and Sass
- Understanding of responsive design and touch interface interaction techniques and be in sync with recent design standards and trends
- Understanding of the limitations of web and mobile, with approaches/ideas to flex those boundaries. A solid portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user centered design solutions across multiple interfaces and screen sizes.
- Excellent communication and team oriented skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills