FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Management and Consulting firm. We are seeking an IT Specialist - Applications Tester
to assist our client out of their Washington, DC location. This is a full time, permanent position. The position is based in the Washington, DC metro area and is approved for telework during the pandemic.
You will be responsible for supporting the DevOps team on an on-going USDA project. You will support application testing and help desk Tier II support objectives. You will be an integral part of the DevOps team reporting the Sr. Application Developer and working closely with the engineers and developers. There are other areas of support open as an IT Specialist including security testing and remediation.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government (Public Trust) clearance is required for this position.
- Works closely with software engineers and developers to test features and identify and resolve bugs
- Plans and documents test cases, develops test benches and performs design validation and testing
- May involve writing test scripts and involve some automation of the test procedure
- Design, implement, and conduct test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements are met
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments
- Originality and innovative in determining how to accomplish testing and tasks
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable
- Develop, maintain, and upgrade automated test scripts and architectures for application products
- Analyze test cases and provide regular progress reports
- Serve as subject matter specialist providing testing know-how for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications.
- Direct and/or participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection
- Support the Help Desk as a Subject Matter Expert as a Tier II or Tier III resource
- 2 years of IT experience with a BS degree; OR over 4 years of IT experience with a Formal IT Certification
- Experience in applying a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments
- Experience planning major technology assignments and recommends major changes affecting project growth and success
- Experience applying technical expertise across multiple project assignments
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) support, coding application logic via various programming languages and Integrated Development Environments (IDE), and deploying applications via various Application Server platforms
- Experience handling multiple tasks, changing priorities, and timely action
- Experience with COTS/GOTS applications including Unison PRISM/Acquisition Planning/Insight Platform ( formerly Compusearch products)
- UIPath / RPA / automation testing
- JIRA / Scrum Master
- ZEPHYR for JIRA - test case management
Xray fir JIRA - test case management
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.