Release Manager – TS/SCI w/Full Scope Poly
Location: Fort Meade, MD
FosterThomas, a Mid-Atlantic Staffing and Recruiting Firm, is leading the search for a Release Manager for our Client located at Fort Meade, MD.
- Participate in and assist with the facilitation of ad-hoc and recurring meetings pertaining to change management
- Revise, recommend, and maintain a Change Management plan, policies, processes and procedures that reflect ITIL best practices
- Develop, measure, and analyze Critical Success Factors (CSF) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and design and generate metric reports
- Develop status and performance reports for staff and senior management
- Develop training plans and training materials for Change Management and conduct training on a scheduled and ad hoc basis.
- Provide individualized instruction for IT staff and contractors on the Change Management key process areas, associated templates and procedures
- Develop, enhance, operate, and assist in migrations and maintenance of Change Management system/tools and interfaces with other tools (e.g., Configuration, Problem, Release, and Incident Management Systems).
- Maintain, update and implement a consistent and rigorous framework for evaluating systems capabilities and risk profiles before new or changed systems
- Review Requests for Change (RFCs) to ensure the appropriate priority levels and details are provided in accordance with the review procedure.
- Support the management of the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and reporting of all CI exceptions and data discrepancies
- Develop and maintain a Release Management plan, policies, processes and procedures that reflect ITIL best practices. Support the maintenance and enhancement of enterprise tools in support of Release Management.
- Identify opportunities to (continuously) improve, schedule and implement improvements at predefined intervals and on an ad-hoc basis
- Work with application support teams in defining release and deployment plans. Support the potential need to review and revise plans. Support Release Readiness Reviews (RRRs) release authorization activities and perform Post-Implementation Reviews (PIRs). Perform the release coordinator role for weekly change activity to include weekend work. Produce Release Coordinator’s Weekly Summary Report
BS degree; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Must be a U.S. Citizen and have a current TS/SCI Full Scope Poly.