Product Engineer Looker and Google Cloud
FosterThomas, a Mid-Atlantic Staffing and Recruiting Firm, is leading the search for a Product Engineer Looker and Google Cloud for our Client located in Elkridge, MD (currently remote).
Our client is looking for a Product Engineer with experience in both Cloud software development and infrastructure technologies. The candidate should have a strong background in complex integration development and extensive experience in large scale cloud data platforms. Need to have strong communication skills who can lead both technical and non-technical discussions.
Work with various teams and stakeholders to develop architectural design and roadmaps for large scale data analytics and intelligence platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and Computer Science or Data Sciences
- Experience working with Data Visualization and Business Intelligence Solutions such as Looker, Tableau, or Power BI
- Understanding of 508 requirements for federal customers
- Experience implementing Cloud technologies to support data visualization and data management tools such as Looker and Dynamo DB
- Experience with reporting and analytics tools (Looker, Google Analytics)
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation
- Thorough understanding of DevOps/DevSecOps principles
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Experience pulling and transforming data from a wide variety of data sources
- Looker, AWS, or Azure Cloud Certifications
- Experience with Data management and governance in Analytics environment
- Experience with database technologies including but not limited to AWS managed database services, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Dynamo DB, SQL, NoSQL, and Microsoft SQL clustering
- Familiarity with multiple cloud service providers, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP etc.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision-tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development