is a leading Human Capital Management Firm. We are assisting our client, Bold Ocean
in their search for a Communications Manager (Part-time).
This position will be located in Annapolis, MD
Bold Ocean is currently looking for an enthusiastic, creative, and motivated Communications Manager to join our fast-growing, dynamic company. Bold Ocean, a leading U.S. Flag Shipping Company, is committed to servicing complex shipping needs for partners around the world, and our family of companies are the best in the industry. We are looking for the right person to help us grow our internal and external communications.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, eager to learn about and tackle the challenges facing the U.S. flag shipping industry and will help develop communications materials that will build brand recognition industry-wide. You will be a one-person team who works collaboratively across all departments and manages external consultants who provide additional support. Top candidates will have excellent written communication skills, a proven track record in public relations, strong organizational skills, an ability to juggle multiple tasks and think critically, a willingness to work collaboratively with many people, and an ability to learn complex issues. The ability to communicate effectively in written and oral communications is a must.
Part-time (estimated 20 hours per week), flexible hours but must be available M-F from 9:30AM-11:30AM. This position is located at corporate headquarters in Annapolis, MD and will report to the CEO and Senior Leadership team.
85% is comprised of marketing and communications tasks for Bold Ocean and subsidiaries, 15% focuses on special projects as required by the Senior Leadership Team
- Create an annual communications plan/editorial calendar each winter that includes goals, milestones and budgets for the upcoming year.
- Provide communications reports to Senior Leadership Team as requested with metrics on milestones, accomplishments, opportunities and challenges.
- Maintain and post content on company websites (WordPress CMS) and manage outside website developer as needed for website redesigns or custom work
- Write copy for all initiatives, including marketing, sales, industry tradeshows and internal communications
- Provide vision and leadership for all internal and external communications including websites, social media; lead the design and production of print and online materials including newsletter, website, and promotional collateral
- Create content for and design Signals, the company’s semiannual newsletter
- Create annual style guides and templates for Bold Ocean and subsidiaries, to include PowerPoint templates, letterheads, fonts to be used, correct logo and logo format, etc.
- Create communication products strategically aligned with objectives of the companies and their respective visions
- Design and execute communication campaigns
- Develop and/or review all official internal and external emails/correspondence
- Support Schuyler Line Navigation Company Internship and Scholarship Program.
- Develop recruiting materials through social media
- Assist with recruitment, interviewing, and general support as requested by Director of Marine Personnel
- Represent Bold Ocean and subsidiaries at conferences and professional events.
Senior Leadership Support
- Support Bold Ocean’s legislative affairs initiatives through drafting official memorandums, providing graphic design support, and proofreading initiatives.
- Draft, proof and finalize official communications
- Act as liaison for special projects (e.g. facilitating ship visits, attending conferences, etc)
- Support and coordinate office events and serve as lead for annual End of Year Company meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, PR, or related field and a minimum of 1-3 years relevant experience
- Proven experience creating targeted content
- Strong knowledge of current communications best practices and techniques
- Must be able to multi-task and calmly meet deadlines under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills and a talent for working collaboratively
- Oversee a team of outside professionals and coordinate projects from start to finish
- Competency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign Photoshop), PowerPoint to develop all creative collateral for all subsidiaries. Creative collateral includes web and print designs.
- Video editing skills not required but a plus
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability managing WordPress websites and social media channels to effectively deliver marketing content
- Flexible, ability to adjust to changing circumstances
FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.