Location: Ashburn, VA – Currently Remote
FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Management and Consulting firm. We are seeking a Data Engineer to assist our client out of their Ashburn, VA location.
As a Java Developer, you will be working on custom applications for streaming services. You will work with a team that is responsible for designing and building systems to collect and process data (and events) at massive scale. The data is used for a variety of purposes from business insights to application(s) monitoring.
US citizens only due to federal/government requirement. Must be able to clear U.S. Customs and Border Protection Background Investigation (BI)
Preferred (Willing to Learn):
- A Minimum 2 to 7 years of experience in complete software development lifecycle using Agile methodologies
- 1+ years of Java development experience
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Batch-oriented and streaming distributed processing methods such as Spark and Kafka
- Distributed NoSQL/Key-Value stores such as HBase, Cassandra, or DynamoDB
- Distributed search engines like Elasticsearch or Solr
- Restful web services Experience with code development, deployment, versioning, and build tools (e.g. Eclipse, Git, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins)
- Understanding of Microservices architecture, including professional experience in the design, build, and operations of micro services in a production environment
- Experience with Relational Database Systems and SQL
- Experience with UNIX/Linux and shell scripting
- Experience with Docker, Docker Swarm, or Kubernetes
- Delivering solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS EC2, RDS, S3, VPC)
- Bachelors or master’s in computer science or related field.
Customs and Border Protection Background Investigation (BI) desired
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.