is a leading Human Capital Management Firm. We are assisting our client, in the financial services industry, in their search for a Sr. Payroll Administrator
. This position will be located in Chicago, Ill
. This opportunity offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. This position is a full time, contract role and will be primarily remote during the pandemic.
We are looking for a Senior Payroll Administrator who enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing and processing complex payroll and payroll-related transactions for 1000+ employees with various pay frequencies.
- Primary point of contact for payroll-related questions with a focus on developing strong relationships throughout the organization.
- Providing information and guidance to employees and managers on payroll matters, paid time off calculations and balances, and time and attendance system.
- Applying Federal and State regulations and Fair Labor Standard Act legislation related to payroll processing.
- Assisting with internal and external audits including gathering required information.
- Creating and distributing payroll related scheduled reports, scorecards/dashboards and ad hoc reports.
- Compiling required and requested reports for budget, auditing, tax, unemployment insurance, workers compensation, and other purposes.
- Researching and communicating changes in taxes, unemployment, workers compensation and other payroll related filings to appropriate agencies and payroll vendor.
- Providing explanation for monthly salary expense fluctuations.
- Participating on special projects, as needed
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced, challenging environment with multiple and competing priorities.
- Analytical ability to resolve employee payroll problems by reviewing records and reports, by identifying errors, and by correcting errors.
- Continuously seeking opportunities to improve the automation of the payroll and reporting processes
- High attention to detail and ability to guard highly confidential and sensitive information
- Strong partnership and collaborative style with outstanding communication skills: written, verbal and presentation
- Experience working with an automated human resources information system, including an automated time management system.
- Strong/proven with Microsoft Windows suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with Business Intelligence/Data Analytics reporting tools
- Maintain systems for recording business and financial data.
- Examine reports to locate and resolve errors.
- Assemble and analyze data for business reports, make sure data and calculations are accurate.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or better in related field, or equivalent experience
- Multi-state payroll experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a payroll environment including use of an automated human resource information system
- Ultimate Software suite experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Usual office environment: with frequent sitting, walking, standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of: eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office equipment. Oral and auditory capacity: enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices.
FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.