Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
FosterThomas, a Mid-Atlantic Staffing and Recruiting Firm, is leading the search for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for our Client.
We are hiring an ISSO to help us prepare a new cloud application that processes protected health information for production. The application is a cloud data pipeline with ingest and dashboards. It is a private solution that is sold directly to state healthcare agencies (not federal). We must comply with state-by-state security requirements and are broadly targeting NIST SP 800-53.
Responsible for security from development to delivery and compliance checks & documentation are in place so that we receive authority to operate and the project is appropriately protected against risks associated with cyber-attacks. You will lead, develop, and oversee incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
- 5+ years of information security experience
- Previous experience in ISSO role
- State level experience with applicable regulatory and standards frameworks
- Certifications as appropriate
- Up-to-date understanding of cloud DevOps, cloud architecture and cloud security
- Advanced understanding of security architecture, security technologies, systems design, integration of systems and networking