is a leading Human Capital Management Firm. We are assisting our client, in their search for an Associate Director, Payroll & Time Keeping
. This is a virtual based position ideally located in Dallas, Texas, Atlanta, Georgia or New York City, New York. This opportunity offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Associate Director, Payroll & Timekeeping Systems is a critical leader in the Total Awards team and owns the full management and accountability of the payroll function and time keeping management systems for our US operations, consisting of over 7,500 permanent employees and 7,500 contingent workers & growing rapidly, expected to exceed another 10,000 in additional headcount for perm and contingent.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Account and be wholly responsible for the calculation, accuracy, auditing, compliance, adherence to company policy, and timely processing of payroll and all of its elements, including regular pay (salaried and hourly), sales commission, discretionary bonus pay, relocation allowances, severance pay, equity pay, ad hoc incentives for hourly workers, expense reimbursements and other pay elements as needed
- Create and document processes, audit procedures, and proofs so that all variations in pay & time submissions are justified in the event of a robust internal or external audit
- Serve as deep subject matter expert & strategic partner on payroll/timekeeping compliance, processing, auditing, and documentation for both supporting the People team and other areas of the organization
- Manage direct internal report(s) but also the relationship with our outsourced ADP payroll department to ensure compliant, accurate, and timely execution of payroll processing
- Lead potential new payroll and timekeeping systems setup and new outsourced services for payroll and timekeeping
- Manage relationships with all payroll and timekeeping vendors
- Own all data/system integrations of payroll and timekeeping systems with other People (HR), finance, operational systems, etc.
- Partner with Benefits, HCM, Compensation, Sales, Distribution Center Operations, Sales, and other business area teams for set-up and ensuring their accurate & timely execution for total rewards operational processes, employee life-cycle events, expense payments, and other cross functional business needs & reporting for which payroll or time keeping are involved
- Drive organizational accountability for submitting necessary data for time keeping & payroll processing
- Resolve ad hoc payroll/timekeeping issues immediately but have a strategic mindset for mid and long term solutions
- Structure team & vendors to be the point of contact for payroll operations processing, troubleshooting and various other activities for managing payroll transactions/time keeping, including wages, bonuses, expense reimbursements, and benefits transactions
- Manage important correspondence associated with payroll relating to wage garnishments/payroll taxes/benefits deductions and push forward appropriate adjustments and communications
- Own compliance tracking management for the organization
- Initial year: Project lead on shifting of paying hourly employees from bi-weekly pay schedule to weekly
- Lead time & attendance system trainings and advise on best practices to business partners
- Partner with other areas of People team constructing relevant communications & change management considerations relating to payroll & timekeeping
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Business, or related field
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience managing multi-state payroll for companies with 10,000+ employees (non-exempt and exempt)
- HCM setup experience highly desirable
- Experience managing employees and third party resources, including onboarding and systems integration
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, and ability to analyze/interpret data
- A strategic mindset with the ability to dig into the details, shifting seamlessly between these efforts
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize multiple tasks and allocate resources to meet goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills that enable clarity and business action between technical payroll & timekeeping items to non-payroll employees
FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.