DevOps Cloud Engineer
US-MD-Elkridge - Remote
Our client is an information technology company helping businesses and government agencies modernize and thrive by applying the power of technology. NewWave began making a mark in the federal healthcare space in 2004, where we continue to actively modernize systems to improve healthcare’s value for millions of Americans. Since then, our work has expanded across various sectors and industries, where we help our customers stay ahead of the new and make the world in which we live, better.
We are looking for a qualified DevOps/Cloud Engineer to join their team in implementing and supporting innovative platforms to support internal product development teams and our product clients. The individual will have a chance to work with cutting-edge technologies in an innovation-driven environment where individual creativity is valued, and teams work together to solve challenges to achieve common goals.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Build processes to automate data migration and conversion of code from targeted data sources to cloud based data destinations
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud native ‘big data’ technologies to targeted data sources
- Implement and integrate various API, micro-services, and database interfaces
- Work closely with DevOps, data scientists, and product owner to turn requirements and design documents into scalable, elegant production software
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to learn to learn newer technologies that are needed for the project.
- Must have ability to multi-task
- 5+ years of experience in a Develop role.
- Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure certification preferred
- Experience using the following technologies:
- Java, Python, and Scala
- Implementing and deploying REST API endpoints
- Platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Oracle and OLAP experience a plus!
- Experience with cloud services: AWS, Azure, GCP
- At least seven years of experience in IT system architecture in on premise and cloud environments
- Proven expertise in architecting and designing solutions for large, complex software development projects on cloud-based systems, accounting for scalability, flexibility, performance, and security.