Full Stack Developer
Elkridge, MD - Remote
FosterThomas, a Mid-Atlantic Staffing and Recruiting Firm, is leading the search for a Full Stack Developer for our Client located Elkridge, MD, currently remote.
Our client is an information technology company helping businesses and government agencies modernize and thrive by applying the power of technology. They began making a mark in the federal healthcare space in 2004, where they continue to actively modernize systems to improve healthcare’s value for millions of Americans. Since then, their work has expanded across various sectors and industries, where we help our customers stay ahead of the new and make the world in which we live, better.
They are looking for a senior developer with cloud development and data engineering experience to support innovative product development to migrate legacy data to the cloud.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Build processes to automate data migration and conversion of code from targeted data sources to cloud based data destinations
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud native ‘big data’ technologies to targeted data sources
- Implement and integrate various API, micro-services, and database interfaces
- Work closely with DevOps, data scientists, and product owner to turn requirements and design documents into scalable, elegant production software
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must have Ability to understand user stories and relate them to application before coding
- Must have Test Driven Development mind-set which is required to plan for unit test cases (JUNITs) before development starts based on user stories and acceptance criteria and system analysis of the application
- Ability to learn to learn newer technologies that are needed for the project.
- Must have ability to multi-task
- 5+ years of experience in a Develop role.
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Java, Python, and Scala
- Testing frameworks including JUnit, Mockito, and Karma, Jasmine
- Frameworks such as Spring Boot, Flask, or Django; Familiarity with MVC frameworks
- Implementing and deploying REST API endpoints
- Platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Apache Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Oracle and OLAP experience a plus!
- Experience with cloud services: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Advanced working SQL and query authoring (SQL) databases.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.