FosterThomas, Inc., a leading Human Capital Management firm, is looking for an Helpdesk Administrator for our Annapolis, MD office.
The Helpdesk Administration position functions as technical support for IT Infrastructure. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to, desktop environment; triage and troubleshooting of all hardware and supporting operating systems; support in the creation and updating of process documentation, vendor interface for support and information gathering. Provides Website Support – updates, blogs, general formatting
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Provide technical computer and network support relating to software and hardware problems reported by users.
- Add and maintain users on the network; assigning access, ensuring security, and maintaining their configurations are within standards.
- Configure and set up laptops for employees.
- Install workstations, printers, software, etc., on the LAN; set up user workspace.
- Identify opportunities and improvements, and communicate effectively with management, peers, and customers to constantly improve the IT infrastructure.
- Install new software applications or hardware on the LAN, coordinating assistance from third parties when necessary.
- Perform backup; support disaster recovery/ business continuity.
- Communicate timely services status, provide quality documentation and generate any other reports requested or required by management.
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 4 years of experience in local area network environment.
- Microsoft Cloud 365
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with assisting remote employees
- Knowledge of hardware and software installation, testing, and operation.
- Capability and capacity of various software products/communication utilities.
- Knowledge of the principles of data communications and telecommunications, and computer operating systems.
- Knowledge of local area network concepts and fundamentals and server management
- Experience with hardware and software vendors/products, such as PCs, Citrix, routers/switches, VOIP phone systems/software, firewalls, Windows OS, Microsoft Office, and CRM
- NetSuite is a plus!!
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.