FosterThomas, Inc., a leading Human Capital Management firm, is looking for a IT Support Specialist for our Annapolis, MD office.
The IT Support Specialist position functions as technical support for IT Infrastructure. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to, desktop environment; triage and troubleshooting of all hardware and supporting operating systems; support in the creation and updating of process documentation, vendor interface for support and information gathering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Provide technical support relating to software and hardware problems reported by users.
- Add and maintain users on the network; assigning access, ensuring security, and maintaining their configurations are within standards.
- Configure, setup/image and if needed ship laptops for employees.
- Install workstations, printers, software, etc.,
- Identify opportunities and improvements, and communicate effectively with management, peers, to constantly improve the IT infrastructure.
- Coordinating assistance from third parties when necessary.
- Support disaster recovery efforts.
- Communicate timely services status, provide quality documentation, and generate any other reports requested or required by management.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Microsoft teams.
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree preferred plus an additional 4 years of experience in local area network environment or a combination thereof.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Office Applications including MS TEAMS
- Excellent communication skills and business acumen
- Experience with assisting remote employees
- Knowledge of hardware and software installation, testing, and operation.
- Knowledge of local area network concepts and fundamentals and server management
- General Help Desk experience with hardware and software vendors/products, such as PCs, Citrix, routers/switches, VOIP phone systems/software, firewalls, Windows OS, Microsoft Office, and CRM
- NetSuite is a plus!!
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.