Description: One Part Time Position (24 hours)
The CTS Instructor is a hands-on position that requires the candidate to effectively and consistently deliver the highest quality classroom and simulation laboratory training to a wide variety of students including developmental air traffic controllers and certified professional controllers (CPC). This position will participate in curriculum design and development. The selected candidate will support Air Traffic Control Tower training requirements at the Tampa ATCT (TPA) in Tampa, FL.
- The successful candidate for this position must have experience demonstrating excellent teaching and/or platform skills, classroom management techniques, and a student-focused drive for continuous improvement.
- The CTS Instructor candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years recent Certified Professional Controller experience controlling live traffic, or recent experience instructing FAA personnel. The recent experience must have been performed at a similar type and level of ATC facility as the Harrisburg Int’l ATCT Facility. The successful candidate for this position must demonstrate strong technical skills with current ATC automation, simulation systems and procedures. This position will provide mentoring for students and Remote Pilot Operators (RPO) as well as participate in curriculum design and development. The selected candidate must demonstrate the knowledge and skills applicable for obtaining radar and/or non-radar simulation laboratory certifications at FAA air traffic control facilities within the U.S. National Airspace System.
- US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Candidates with direct experience as a CPC at MDT facility will have priority selection for the position.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with FAA personnel at all levels to ensure the delivery of training services meet the needs of the local facility, as well as the FAA’s overall Air Traffic Control mission is highly desired.
Certified Professional Controller (CPC) certification required.
This is a part time position (24 hours per week)
WCG is an Equal Opportunity Employer