is a leading Human Capital Management Firm. We are assisting our client, Bold Ocean
in their search for a Financial Controller.
This position will be located in Annapolis, MD
. This opportunity offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. This position is full time and permanent.
The company is a ship owner and operator that provides services to US government and corporate shippers. Having recently received a investment from a private equity firm, the company is looking for a dynamic individual who is able to manage a variety of accounting and administrative tasks in order to position the firm for growth.
The Financial Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer and supervise the accounting & administration function for the company and its subsidiaries.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the company’s accounting department.
- Maximizing the benefits of MS Dynamics 365 Business Central system
- Overseeing the posting of accounting for vessel voyages including review of hire statements, the posting of disbursement accounts and review of fuel calculations.
- Understanding of revenue recognition, consolidated reporting and fixed assets.
- Supervising vessel operating expense reporting provided by vessel technical managers.
- Managing office payroll and supervising payroll reporting by seafarer’s unions; oversee compliance reports required by the company’s 401k servicer.
- Producing monthly financial reports, borrowing base calculations and compliance certificates for banks and investors
- Preparing performance reports required under the company’s contracts with the US government.
- Serving as the primary point of contact with the firm’s auditors during the annual audit process.
- Working with the firm’s tax advisors in preparation of the firm’s tax returns.
- Preparing voyage P&L reports, A/P and A/R reports and other internal management reports.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience meeting the reporting requirements of banks and institutional equity investors.
- Must be extremely organized.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- International business experience preferred; experience in shipping preferred but not required.
- Proven ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and in project completion.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.