Our client is seeking a hands-on Division Controller to lead the day-to-day operations for a $130 million division. This position, reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, will be the primary force in the day-to-day accounting and month-end close processes, including journal entries, receivables, payables, timekeeping and labor distribution while ensuring accuracy and completeness. The ideal candidate has strong experience in accounting for federal government contract awards and expert proficiency with Deltek Costpoint. This role will work cross-functionally across the organization in support of their mission.
- Manages all accounting and reporting activities including general ledger, fixed assets, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, travel and billable expenses, cash management, and tax.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of all accounting and reporting activities, including driving the day-to-day accounting processes, internal controls, and ensuring a timely, accurate and consistent month-end close process.
- Responsible for system administration and maintenance of Deltek Costpoint to include chart of account maintenance, project setup, and time collection.
- Prepares weekly cash requirements forecast, coordinate the cash draws on the NSF line of credit, and reconcile.
- Manages the Chile-based accounting office and oversees all timekeeping administration, payroll, AP/AR/Interco billing, and currency conversion.
- Ensures compliance with all US, Chilean, State, local and municipality/tribal legal, tax and statutorily requirements, filings and submissions.
- Provide support for the timely completion of the annual financial audit and tax engagement. Prepare audit and tax schedules and work closely with the auditors to ensure the completion of a timely audit and filing of 990(s).
- Liaison between program operations and other administrative support organizations on financial issues. Interfaces with subcontractors, vendors, and customers and performs extensive investigations as required.
- Evaluate, implement, and enhance systems to further automate processes for efficiencies and effectiveness while maintaining internal controls and adhering to government regulatory compliance.
- Develop and document business processes, accounting policies and procedures to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance; active CPA license is desired
- Minimum 7-12 years of progressive, experience in a government contracting entity
- Expertise using Deltek Costpoint to manage day-to-day operations that includes a multi-currency/multi-company financial architecture
- Established expertise of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge and understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the OMB Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and/or Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Excellent management abilities, adept leader capable of inspiring and motivating teams through change, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, orally and in writing
- Experience implementing ERP software and managing the associated organizational change
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and the exhibited ability to create useful analyses from raw data
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment, in an international organization and/or in a high technology industry sector
- Results oriented with a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Master’s Degree
- Fluency in Spanish
- Travel may be necessary in or outside the contiguous United States.