Location: Baltimore, MD
Our client is seeking a Senior Accountant to support the day-to-day operations for a $170 million division. This position will support the day-to-day accounting and month-end close processes by providing technical expertise in general ledger, fixed asset and intercompany accounting. This position will prepare account reconciliations and ensure the appropriate accounting application for various complex transactions. The ideal candidate has experience in accounting for federal government contract awards and proficiency with Deltek Costpoint.
- Prepare, maintain, and enter intricate journal entries (daily, monthly, adjusting, and recurring).
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual analyses and reconciliations of balance sheet, revenue, and expense general ledger accounts, as assigned and maintains the completeness and accuracy of all related account balances in accordance with GAAP.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and prepare variance analyses.
- Maintain and reconcile fixed asset schedules including updating the labor capitalization and recording depreciation expense.
- Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of all business activities and related issues. Uses this knowledge on a daily basis to identify current or potential issues that could impact the accounting and reporting of financial information for the NSF Funded Centers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 3-7 years of progressive experience with a government contractor or a federal awardee of grants and/or contracts.
- Demonstrated experience using Deltek Costpoint that includes a multi-currency/multi-company financial architecture
- Experienced with DCAA audits and compliance requirements
- Established knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience adhering to the deadlines of a crisp month-end close schedule
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and the exhibited ability to create useful analyses from raw data
- Ability to anticipate and resolve complex problems, exercise sound judgment, and plan, organize, and prioritize multiple demands efficiently and effectively
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create clarity and direction within the organization.
- Analytical, intellectually curious and a clear thinker who can concisely summarize conclusions derived from financial analyses, an exceptional problem solver.
- CPA, CMA, or equivalent
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment, in an international organization and/or in a high technology industry sector
- Knowledge of the OMB Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and/or Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Fluency in Spanish