FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Management and Consulting firm. We are seeking an Engineering Leader to assist our client in Elkridge, MD.
The Engineering Leader is responsible for managing and providing leadership to the Engineering staff in partnership with other Technology Leaders in the enterprise, aligning the technical direction of the company with the vision of the CEO, CTO, and providing technical solutions in support of multiple product development efforts. You will be charged with providing leadership in developing technical strategies for product development and input into long range business planning from a technical perspective.
- Lead and develop technical solutions/innovations, products, including the design/development of proof-of-concepts and implementation of designed products.
- Directs the activities necessary to design and develop innovative technical solutions for prospective commercial and/or other clients interested in their products. Includes coordinating with product management as necessary to develop implementation plans and modifying when necessary to include agreed revisions to project scope; driving results in alignment with business objectives; leading/facilitating internal meetings as well as client meetings in support of implementation and sales.
- Directs the activities necessary to design and develop data and NLP products as well as ensure the necessary technology infrastructure is running seamlessly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets. Apply predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences and produce other business outcomes.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Learn and shape technical opportunities by white paper development, capability briefings, supporting technical presentations to clients, and technical writing in support of proposal efforts.
- Provide solution support to market the AI platform, including NLP/Machine Learning/AI, Big Data/Data Analytics, Software Integration, Software Development, IT Security, and OpenSource Technologies.
- Vendor management with identified technology partners (ex. Microsoft, DataBricks, John Snow Labs)
- Manage a team of consultants and engineers to oversee successful completion/implementation of platform services and/or information technology projects for their client accounts.
- Technical leadership must include “hands-on” problem-solving with Data Scientists, DevOps, Application Engineers (NLP/Full Stack).
- Must have exceptional people leadership skills, which will include conducting employee performance reviews/evaluations, training and coaching employees to develop and enhance the performance and skills of team members; participating in the interviewing, selecting, hiring and correction of employees.
- For each product client collaborate with all appropriate internal parties to help define client technical goals, develop innovative solutions, set technical objectives, develop plans and timelines, and monitor ongoing technical delivery to ensure effective project execution.
- Provide ongoing and high-level advisory technical services to clients and prospective clients.
- Experience leading and transforming technical teams to emerging engineering areas, including an agile culture.
- Strategic (Forward) thinking engineer – one that brings ideas to the table that enhance delivery to customers; ability to grasp vision and objectives of products, programs, and ability to build game plans and execute
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience
- 7+ years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has advanced education in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Azure DevOps (Formerly VSTS)
- Experience with complex Java Enterprise Applications, IBM WebSphere stack, modern/lightweight cloud-native applications, microservices, big data, machine learning/AI, containerization and Kubernetes.
- Highly knowledgeable in DevOps services is also expected
- Healthcare/CMS experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment and have sound judgment.
- Attention to detail, quick learner, have a positive attitude, ability to multi-task, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to perform the analysis as defined with specific Medicare laws, regulations, manuals, instructions and any additional information assigned by management.
- Possess critical thinking skills, reading and interpretation, writing, and communication skills.
- Understanding and wide application of methodology and subject matter related concepts, practices, standards and procedures with a general knowledge of other related business disciplines.
- Able to work closely with all project stakeholders such as business users, project managers, and business analysts while delivering solutions.
- Works with limited supervision.
- Strong leadership skills, with an emphasis on guiding/coaching technical teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.