FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading Human Capital Management Firm. We are seeking a Total Rewards Payroll Specialist to assist our client based out of their Atlanta, GA offices. This opportunity offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. This position is full time and permanent.
Lead and manage the payroll department in the successful administration of all payroll functions. This includes processing payroll, taxation forms and benefits, as well as maintaining employee data, handling payroll questions and completing any other tasks necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Manage payroll process that includes importing, proofing, editing, processing and transmitting all payroll wages, deductions, reimbursements, bonuses and manual payments consistent with federal and state wage laws.
- Provide excellent customer service to employees and management in the areas of compensation, benefit deductions, and system administration.
- Coordinate all year-end reporting, including preparation and distribution of ACA 1094 and 1095 forms.
- Create and execute processes to improve efficiencies and effectiveness for the organization.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of regulatory changes related to Federal and State compliance posters and notifying field operations.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Research and email appropriate audience of file import/export processing issues.
- Analyze and audit payroll data for accuracy.
- Manage employee pay card setup and distribution process.
- Reconcile general ledger regarding payroll transactions.
- Execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll.
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed.
- Prepare financial reports for accounting and auditing purposes.
- Assist Financial team with period close validations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Performs other job-related duties as may be assigned or required.
- Cross-train in all payroll functions.
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Administers special projects or assignments.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in human resources/business or accounting preferred.
- Proven experience in a payroll position in a fast-paced environment required.
- ADP WFN, ADP Smart Compliance and Wisely Pay experience, 5 years' experience required.
- Solid understanding of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of tax and wage law.
- Familiar with Point of Sales (POS) and payroll integration.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Good understanding of the common fiscal procedures.
- Experience working in a Corporate Support Center in a fast paced, collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational development.
- Able to effectively supervise with minimum supervision.
- ADP WFN processing hourly and salaried employee payroll.
- Experience processing garnishments.
- Food and/ or Quick Service experience or with a similar work environment preferred.
- Fundamental Microsoft Office, Power Point and Outlook skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive or proprietary information.
- Good organizational skills and fast and accurate keyboard skills.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be a team player.
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.