FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Management and Consulting firm. We are seeking an Office Manager
to assist our client out of their Washington, DC location. This is a full time, permanent position. The position is based in the Washington, DC metro area and is approved for telework during the pandemic. The client is a fast growing small business government consulting firm located in Washington, DC. We are looking to hire a self-motivated, energetic, fast learner to be an Office Manager and support the Chief Executive Officer. If you are not accountable, not organized, do not pay attention to details and aren’t used to being held accountable this job is not for you. This position will require a degree of “herding cats” to track down personnel to accomplish tasks and ensuring action items are being accomplished. If you enjoy working in a team environment, used to working remotely, solution oriented and a creative problem solver with strong written and verbal communication skills that wants to help a company grow with a diverse environment read on.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist CEO in all administrative tasks and projects
- Assist with finance process such as Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Assist with human resource functions such as developing job descriptions, conducting interviews, onboarding personnel and following and updating HR processes.
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of company policies and procedures and employee relations.
- 2 years of experience working for or with a government agency
- 4 - 5 years of Office Management experience
- 4 - 5 years of experience conducting HR functions
- 2 years of experience working in a remote environment
- 3 years of experience using Quickbooks generating invoices, reconciliations and generating financial reports
- 5+ years of admin experience
- Expert with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point and MS Office
- Analytical and creative
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Professional writing skills
- Technically savvy
- Solution oriented
- Customer Focused
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Constantly seeking ways to improve efficiencies
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree Business, English, Liberal Arts, etc.
- 2 + years’ experience managing a small business office
- Experience using SmartSheet
- Experience using LinkedIn
- Knowledge of time management technologies
- Nice to have:
- Data analysis
- Experience with developing/managing proposals
- Experience developing policies and procedures
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.