FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Management and Consulting firm. We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to assist our client out of their Washington, DC location. This role will support the USDA IAS contract located in Washington, DC. We are hiring an experienced DevOps Engineer to help us keep growing. Analyze current technology utilized and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them.
- Work closely with engineers to maintain hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently
- Assist with the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the processes to increase efficiencies
- Responsible for building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Work on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Work with software developers and engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Ongoing process review, improvements, execution, analysis & adoption of new processes.
- Propose the adoption and implementation of CI/CD processes with appropriate FedRAMP tools
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments
- Implement industry best practices for system hardening and configuration management
- Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards, and make recommendations for improvement
- Support the DevOps team with ongoing tasks for surge support
- Experience working on Linux, AIX and Windows based infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Oracle DB, SQL, APEX and WebSphere MQ
- Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Experience with automating repetitive tasks (e.g. scripting via Bash, Python, Ruby, etc)
- Experience implementing CI/CD
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Must have experience with Apache and Java JMS.
Must have BS with 5+ years of related experience or MS with 3+ years of related experience.
Must be US Citizen. Requires ability to pass USDA suitability background check (Public Trust).
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.