Location: Baltimore, MD
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Corporate Controller will serve a critical role supporting our client’s mission. The ideal candidate will have accounting and financial management experience in federal government services and contracting marketplace to direct and manage the corporate accounting activities. This role will coordinate the accounting practices, across all of the Centers, ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), provide accurate and timely reporting of financial position, emphasize proper internal controls while supporting business objectives and the strategic plan. Provide the leadership to create an environment and culture of continuous process improvement throughout the accounting and financial function and all related activities.
- Provide timely and accurate monthly financial statements for internal customers; responsible for all quarterly and annual financial reporting within the organization.
- Design and implement consolidation methodology in Deltek Costpoint in order to shorten the monthly, quarterly and annual close cycle.
- Manage the corporate treasury function, including ensuring the bank reconciliations are prepared and reviewed monthly and investment gains/losses are monitored.
- Prepare all intercompany accounting related transactions.
- Lead technical accounting research and activities and ensure company financial statements are recorded in accordance with GAAP; assess impacts to existing processes and accounting.
- Manage and coordinate the external audit and annual tax preparation process as well as present findings to the Audit Committee.
- Prepare financial support for and act as liaison for ad hoc audits by government agencies. Ensures internal controls are appropriately refreshed and documented to support these efforts.
- Ensure compliance with all tax reporting requirements including income tax, sales tax, and employment taxes.
- Manage the year-end close process, audit preparation and on-site audit work for annual external financial statement audit. Work closely with CAS and STScI accounting teams and audit personnel to ensure that all audit tasks are completed with accuracy and timeliness.
- Create and prepare financial reports for the CFO to deliver to the Board of Directors.
- Support the annual budgeting processes as necessary.
- Assist in the development, implementation and documentation of new accounting and finance policies and procedures to improve the efficiency and accuracy and ensure consistency across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree required; active CPA license
- Minimum of 12 years of progressive experience, including in a leadership position
- Familiarity using Deltek Costpoint to manage day-to-day operations
- Established expertise of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) including experience with not-for-profit accounting and financial reporting standards
- Knowledge and understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the OMB Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and/or Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Ability to drive process improvement; excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment, in an international organization and/or in a high technology industry sector
- Experience implementing ERP software and managing the associated organizational change
- Results oriented with a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Excellent management abilities, adept leader capable of inspiring and motivating teams through change, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, orally and in writing
- Experience using Deltek Costpoint’s COGNOS reporting
- Experience using Deltek’s multi-currency/multi-company
- Fluency in Spanish is highly desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must possess - sufficient mobility, strength, or dexterity in both arms and hands and both legs to a) reach upward, sideways, downward to work with paper files; b) sufficient mobility and dexterity to utilize computer systems, fax machines, copiers, and other office machines.
- Must possess – 1) ability to read and understand instructions, drawings, safety guides, and other written materials necessary to perform job; 2) sufficient visual capacity to perform the applicable functions without assistance of visual aids other than eye contacts or eye glasses; 3) sufficient spoken aural capacity to hear and understand instructions, warning bells, fire alarms, or shouted instructions without assistance of auditory aids other than a hearing aid; and 4) ability to impart information orally so that others understand and can respond appropriately
- Travel may be necessary in or outside the contiguous United States.
Our client offers an excellent benefits package, competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a stimulating work environment.