Remote Pilot Operator (RPO) – FAA Controller Training Services (CTS)
Location: Tampa FL ATCT/TRACON, Tampa Fl
Description: One Part Time Position (32 hours per week)
- The RPO operates a display, keyboard, and Voice Communication System (VCS) to simulate the actions and communication of pilots and remote ATC facilities during training exercises.
- RPOs receive voice commands from students, input proper entries into the automated system to simulate pilot actions, translate displayed information into appropriate ATC terminology, and respond to the student via the VCS utilizing proper phraseology.
- Candidates for these positions must have a high school diploma or equivalent and at least one (1) year of experience in a comparable position.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate minimum keyboard speed of forty (40) wpm with ninety (90) percent accuracy, possess an ability to read and interpret materials such as diagrams and manuals, and have the ability to speak clearly and be understood.
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Effective team functioning skills
- MS Office Suite Proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Basic familiarization of current technologic tools (tablets, notebooks, applications, etc.)
- Each new RPO shall complete knowledge and skills tests for each area to be supported. Each knowledge test will be graded and must be passed with a score of at least 70%.
- Upon successful completion of the knowledge tests, the RPO will begin training for the skills tests.
- The RPO shall achieve simulation laboratory certification within one hundred twenty (120) days of reporting for duty at the facility.