Technical Writer – Junior Level – Temporary Position 8/1-12/31/21
Location: Elkridge, MD
FosterThomas, a Mid-Atlantic Staffing and Recruiting Firm, is leading the search for a Junior Technical Writer for our Client located Elkridge, MD. This is a temporary position available 8/1/2021-12/31/2021.
The junior technical writer supports the program’s centralized technical writing team in delivering formal documentation review, documentation template and style guide compliance, direct documentation development, and internal team data management services. Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area within the program which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Ensures the relevant presentation and purpose of the documentation is of high quality and conforms to standards identified as part of the Program’s formal peer review process.
- Edits, standardizes, or make changes to material prepared by other personnel or establishment personnel during the Program’s formal peer review process.
- Complies with the electronic file structure, archive, and back-up capability and procedures for all documentation and materials on the team’s server system.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate documentation; translates technical and other ideas into easily understandable text; rewrites and reviews provided documentation for inclusion in deliverables to the customer.
- Applies interpersonal and interviewing skills to gather needed information from professionals and teammates/ partners to support writing activities.
- Maintains records and files of work and revisions.
- Performs team data management activities.
- 2-year associates degree or 4-year degree in related field (e.g. English, Journalism, Business Writing, etc.).
- Demonstrated English language, grammar, and spelling skills for writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team on various tasks.
- Skilled at organizing and translating information into clear written documentation; articulating complex concepts and processes in writing.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving work environment with varying priorities.
- Able to take direction and follow verbal or written guidance; exudes confidence in asking questions when attempting to understand direction, guidance, or information.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong interest in personal growth opportunities through mentoring and on-the-job skills development.